What happened in the vegetable garden? A lot!七月的菜园变成什么样子了呢?变化很大!
Here is the turnip. We have been eating it for quiet while.
Here is the overview of our vegetable garden 1: carrots, snow peas, sweet peas (they are done), cucumbers, egg plants, peppers, beets, and soy beans
一号菜园种的胡箩卜,雪豆,豌豆(已经罢园了),黄瓜,茄子,辣椒,甜菜和毛豆。
Here is the different angle so that you can see our soy beans.换个角度看看毛豆。已经开花了。
The close look of my beets. I have pickled and canned 8 quarts so far. There are still a lot left.
我家的甜菜,上星期我做了8大罐甜菜罐头。园里还有好多。
Peppers are getting there.辣椒开始长大了
Here are some egg plants. They are blooming now. I don' t know when they are ready. It will be a while......
这是我家的茄子,才刚刚开花,结茄子还早呢
Here are the carrots. They grow pretty healthy this year. Few of them started to develop roots.
这是我家的胡箩卜。今年长得还不错。有些已经开始长胡箩卜了
Peas: We harvested a lot this year.
豌豆:今年豌豆大丰收。我种的这种豌豆皮很嫩还没有筋,有幽幽的清香。
Here is the vegetable garden 2: corns, pole beans, cabbage (season is over), Chinese buckchoy (they are done) Swiss chart, yellow onions and green onions along the edges.
The corn field and pole beans. The pole beans are growing taller than the corns. They are ready to harvest.
我家的2号菜园。芸豆长得比玉米还高。已经收获两次了。玉米刚开花。
Here are the Swiss chards. I left some Chinese buck choy to go seed.
So, what is happening in the raise beds? This is Chinese Chives. They are growing so fast. Can't consume that much. let it go.......
看看我家的Raise beds 情况如何。下图是韭菜,长得太快了,吃不完,随它长吧。
Here are the Herloom tomatoes, about the size of jumbo egg.
这是我家的西红柿,大小和特大鸡蛋那么大了,还早呢。
They are cherry tomatoes:这是樱桃西红柿
What about my squash land? I planted potatoes, bush beans, zucchini, scallop squash, acorn squash (haven't seen the fruit yet), butter nut squash and hurbard squash.
Here are the zucchini.
Here are some scallop squash: 这种summer squash又嫩有甜,我家的最爱。
Here are my favorite winter squash: Hubbard squash. I can see a lots of pumpkin pies. Yummy!
这种冬天squash果肉厚,细腻,甘甜,水分少,做南瓜派最好不过了。。。。。。
Here is the butternut squash. 这种奶油南瓜做菜非常香,奶油味十足。
Here are the fruit trees in our garden. Early apples are ready.
我家的伏苹果。做苹果派,做果汁的。
These are Bartlett pears:
These are Comic pears. They are juicy and sweet. I like them the most.
Here it is one of our plum trees. We had late frost this year when they were blossom. Not many fruits this year.
我家其中的一棵李子树,好可怜,开花的时候,赶上了霜冻,樱桃一只都没结,李子也所剩无几。惨惨惨!
Here is our Italian honey fig. We planted last spring. It is the youngest fruit tree in our property. It has quite few figs. Not bad for the new tree.
Here is the Kiwi. I don't see too many Kiwis this year..........But better than nothing.弥猴桃,没结几只,比不结强,
Here are some peaches. The peach tree got hit by the late frost, too. I am surprised that we have quiet few peaches, though. 桃树开花的时候,也赶上了霜冻,我以为也是颗粒无收,哪知道,还不少。
Here are our Reisling grapes
Here are our Zinfedale grapes
Here are our Concord grapes:
The grapes are far from ripe. I guess it is still summer. Fall is not far.........
葡萄离成熟还差好远,这里的夏天刚刚开始不久,秋天应该不会太远了
下面的几道菜大都是菜园收获的。
1) T-Bone steak with grilled zucchini and pasta Salad.烤牛排,烤嫩角瓜,意面色拉。
2) Rice cake with Zucchini. 韩国辣年糕炒角瓜。
3) Pickled Zucchini(1): 韩国拌菜辣角瓜(1)
角瓜用盐腌一下,加姜末,蒜末,糖,韩国辣椒粉。
4) Pickled Zucchini(2): 韩国拌菜辣角瓜(2)
做法同上。
5) Sautee pea shells: 炒豌豆皮。
加少许奶油或橄榄油炒好。又脆又清香。
6) 改良的石锅拌饭
7) Stuffing pancake: 韭菜盒子
Take a close look:
还有好多,需要花时间整理。今天就到此为止吧。谢谢分享!祝大家一周愉快!