6-Percy Buttons (录音)

Lesson 6. Percy Buttons

I have just moved to a house in Bridge Street.
我刚刚搬进了大桥街的一所房子.

Yesterday a beggar knocked at my door.
昨天一个乞丐来敲我家的门.

He asked me for a meal and a glass of beer.
问我要一顿饭和一杯啤酒.

In return for this, the beggar stood on his head and sang songs.
作为回报, 那乞丐头顶地倒立起来,嘴里还唱着歌.

I gave him a meal. He ate the food and drank the beer.
我给了他一顿饭. 他吃完饭, 又喝了酒.

Then he put a piece of cheese in his pocket and went away.
然后把一块乳酪装进了他的衣袋里走了.

Later a neighbor told me about him.
后来, 一位邻居告诉了我他的情况.

Everybody knows him. His name is Percy Buttons.
大家都认识他, 他的名字叫珀西.巴顿斯.

He calls at every house in the street once a month
他每月对这条街上的每户人家光顾一次,

and always asks for a meal and a glass of beer.
并总是请求给他一顿饭和一杯啤酒.

【Text】Percy ButtonsI have just moved to a house in Bridge Street. Yesterday a beggar knocked at my door. He asked me for a meal and a glass of beer. In return for this, the beggar stood on his head and sang songs. I gave him a meal. He ate the food and drank the beer. Then he put a piece of cheese in his pocket and went away. Later a neighbor told me about him. Everybody knows him. His name is Percy Buttons. He calls at every house in the street once a month and always asks for a meal and a glass of beer.

参考译文

我刚刚搬进了大桥街的一所房子. 昨天一个乞丐来敲我的门, 问我要一顿饭和一杯啤酒. 作为回报, 那乞丐头顶地倒立起来, 嘴里还唱着歌. 我给了他一顿饭. 他把食物吃完, 又喝了酒. 然后把一块乳酪装进衣袋里走了. 后来, 一位邻居告诉了我他的情况. 大家都认识他, 他叫珀西.巴顿斯. 他每月对这条街上的每户人家光顾一次, 总是请求给他一顿饭和一杯啤酒.

/> >
登录后才可评论.