世界对着它的爱人,把它浩翰的面具揭下了。
它变小了,小如一首歌,小如一回永恒的接吻。
The world puts off its mask of vastness to its lover.
It becomes small as one song, as one kiss of the eternal.
如果你因失去了太阳而流泪,那么你也将失去群星了。
If you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars.
她的热切的脸,如夜雨似的,搅扰着我的梦魂。
Her wishful face haunts my dreams like the rain at night.
有一次,我们梦见大家都是不相识的。
我们醒了,却知道我们原是相亲相爱的。
Once we dreamt that we were strangers.
We wake up to find that we were dear to each other.
忧思在我的心里平静下去,正如暮色降临在寂静的山林中。
Sorrow is hushed into peace in my heart like the evening among
the silent trees.
静静地听,我的心呀,听那世界的低语,这是它对你求爱的表示呀。
Listen, my heart, to the whispers of the world with which it makes
love to you.
不要因为峭壁是高的,便让你的爱情坐在峭壁上。
Do not seat your love upon a precipice because it is high.
神呀,我的那些愿望真是愚傻呀,它们杂在你的歌声中喧叫着呢。
让我只是静听着吧。
My wishes are fools, they shout across thy song, my Master.
Let me but listen.
我不能选择那最好的。
是那最好的选择我。
I cannot choose the best.
The best chooses me.
人是一个初生的孩子,他的力量,就是生长的力量。
Man is a born child, his power is the power of growth.
我的心把她的波浪在世界的海岸上冲激着,以热泪在上边写着她的题记:
“我爱你。”
My heart beats her waves at the shore of the world and writes upon
it her signature in tears with the words, “I love thee.“
你微微地笑着,不同我说什么话。而我觉得,为了这个,我已等待得久了。
You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this
I had been waiting long.
当我们是大为谦卑的时候,便是我们最接近伟大的时候。
We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.
小草呀,你的足步虽小,但是你拥有你足下的土地。
Tiny grass, your steps are small, but you possess the earth under
your tread.
我们把世界看错了,反说它欺骗我们。
We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.
生如夏花之绚烂,死如秋叶之静美。
Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.
“你离我有多远呢,果实呀?”
“我藏在你心里呢,花呀。”
“How far are you from me, O Fruit?“
“I am hidden in your heart, O Flower.“
只管走过去,不必逗留着采了花朵来保存,因为一路上花朵自会继续开放的。
Do not linger to gather flowers to keep them, but walk on,
for flowers will keep themselves blooming all your way.
远远去了的夏之音乐,翱翔于秋间,寻求它的旧垒。
The music of the far-away summer flutters around the Autumn seeking
its former nest.
太阳只穿一件朴素的光衣,白云却披了灿烂的裙裾。
The sun has his simple rode of light. The clouds are decked with